In my opinion, ‘these days’ it is ‘best practice’orf all active companies to register a domain name, have a web-site and, as an ancillary matter, provide email addresses for relevant staff.
Therefore, I recommend that we:
A. Register the domain name www.sacoal.com.au
- also, registering the company’s ‘brand’ in multiple spaces (eg, .com, .net.au) may help protect the name/brand
- Open an account with an internet service provider
- necessary to receive / send email
- Set up email addresses for staff
- Establish a professional looking web-site
- with appropriate sections for corporate / business / shareholders, etc.
In my experience, ‘ideal’ web-site content from a corporate perspective would be structured to contain headings/sections/pages covering such areas as:
Background / history
Business / operations Directory
- full name / ACN
- registered office / location address(es)
- phone / fax / email contacts
- directors names
- senior management team Corporate governance
- committees – function / composition
Annual / financial reports
- stock exchange releases / press articles
- share prices
- link to share registry
If you like I can manage this whole project with the assistance of external professionals in web-site creation, design and management. I will also provide them with the content for each section so that we can get a sophisticated web-site up and running within a couple of weeks of when you give the go-ahead.
*Originally written by Company Secretary, an Australian virtual company secretary service.